The schizandra herb is highly prized by Chinese women as a sexual enhancer and youth tonic.
Schizandra is believed to preserve beauty and to be a mild sedative.
Schizandra is also reputed to be tonic for men.
Until recently coveted by the wealthy, and a favorite among the Chinese emperors, Schizandra is also considered an adaptogen and, similar to ginseng, it is believed to increase stamina and fight against fatigue.
As a traditional medicinal herb, Schizandra, called Wu-wei-tzu in China, has been used as an astringent for a treatment for dry cough, asthma, night sweats, nocturnal seminal emissions and chronic diarrhea.
It is also used as a tonic for the treatment of chronic fatigue.
|www.betterhealthherbs.com over 12,000 natural remedies|
Benefits of Schizandra
- schizandra adaptogenic property is said to stimulate immune defenses
- balance body function, normalize body systems
- help surgery recovery
- protect against radiation
- optimize energy in times of stress
- increase stamina
- protect against motion sickness
- normalize blood sugar, blood pressure, and high cholesterol
- shield against infection
- improve the health of the adrenals
- energize RNA-DNA molecules to rebuild cells and produce energy comparable to that of a young athlete
- Western herbalists commonly recommend Schizandra for the lungs, liver and kidneys, and to help with depression due to adrenergic exhaustion.
- In Russia, Schizandra is used to treat eye fatigue and increase acuity.